At Glastonbury Thorn we offer a choice of hot school dinners provided by Chartwells Catering or children can bring in a packed lunch from home.
Free School Meals
All pupils in Foundation Stage, Year 1 and Year 2 will be able to have a free school meal at lunchtime. This offer does not depend on your household income or whether you receive any benefits.
Whilst all pupils automatically qualify for Universal Infant Free School Meals (UIFSM) the school is able to claim additional money through the Pupil Premium Grant for children whose parents or carers receive any of the benefits below:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190.
• Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Or is your child
• Has a parent working full time in the Armed Services
• On a Child Arrangement Order or a Special Guardianship Order from care.
Benefits to you for registering:
• 1 FREE activity club per term
• 1 FREE school trip per year
• Reduced cost of peripatetic music lessons in Year 2.
If this applies to you it is important that you come and collect an application form from Reception or it is quick and easy to apply using the online form at https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims/
Click the link for more information on Free school meals
Chartwells meals are now ordered online with the deadline for any week being the Tuesday the week before. You can register and order meals at:
In order to register your child for the first time you will need an activation letter from the school.
You can of course choose to provide a packed lunch for your child, please see below for a few lunchbox reminders!
We encourage a healthy balanced lunch.
No nut products (we have a number of children with severe nut allergies)
No fizzy drinks.
Small amounts to begin with as children are encouraged to finish their lunch before going out to play,
Please name lunchboxes and drink bottle.