At Glastonbury Thorn we offer a choice of hot school dinners provided by Chartwells Catering or children can bring in a packed lunch from home.
Free School Meals
All pupils in Foundation Stage, Year 1 and Year 2 will be able to have a free school meal at lunchtime. This offer does not depend on your household income or whether you receive any benefits.
However if you are in receipt of certain benefits:
- Income Support
- Employment & Support Allowance – Income related
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (NOT Contribution Based JSA)
- Child Tax Credit only (with a combined family income of less than £16,190 per annum as assessed by HM Revenues & Customs) Please note, anyone receiving Working Tax Credit, regardless of income, will NOT qualify for FSMs.
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- National Asylum Seekers Support (NASS)
- Guaranteed Element of Pension Tax Credit
We do need to know, as this will generate funding for your child in school, this funding is called ‘Pupil Premium’. Your child may be able to access the school’s after school activity clubs free of charge. If this applies to you it is important that you come and collect an application form from Reception or visit to check your eligibility for this funding.
Click the link for more information on Free school meals
Chartwells meals are now ordered online with the deadline for any week being the Tuesday the week before. You can register and order meals at:
In order to register your child for the first time you will need an activation letter from the school.
You can of course choose to provide a packed lunch for your child, please see below for a few lunchbox reminders!
We encourage a healthy balanced lunch.
No nut products (we have a number of children with severe nut allergies)
No fizzy drinks.
Small amounts to begin with as children are encouraged to finish their lunch before going out to play,
Please name lunchboxes and drink bottle.